SHILLINGS

Realized that I did not blog about this event. In case you missed it, Shillings down on the Square closed for good a couple of weeks ago. I moved to Atlanta back in 1996, and even at that time, this restaurant was an institution. I've been there more times over the past 20 years then any other place. Going to miss it. It had the feeling of a "Cheers" with its long wooden bar, the quiet atmosphere, and listing to old blue eyes, Sinatra singing in the background. The place also had its "regulars" that always seemed to be sitting at the bar, no matter when you walked in. I'm going to miss the place and so is all of Marietta. There was nothing else like it and nothing will be able to replace it. Most of all, I'm going to miss their Ruben sandwich.................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog